-
July 1st, 2004, 07:40 AM
#61
Inactive Member
Not sure. But buying the PSX version and downloading an emulator would work as well.
-
July 1st, 2004, 07:57 AM
#62
Senior Hostboard Member
Ok, I'll try that! Thankz! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
-
July 1st, 2004, 01:43 PM
#63
HB Forum Owner
If your computer is fast enough and you know how to get the emu working, I actually recommend getting the PSX version ? better music, save anywhere, frameskip, works on any res, per-texture 2xSAI (uber enhancement, Pete r0cks j00), and most of all, you can frameskip the summonings!! Only drawback is no perspective correction, so textures will jump a bit.
-
July 1st, 2004, 02:27 PM
#64
Senior Hostboard Member
My friend has the PS version, and know's pretty much about emulators I guess, so I'll try it. what can I lose?? [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
-
July 2nd, 2004, 04:20 AM
#65
Inactive Member
i have the PC version borrowing, my sis has been playing it but hasnt played it in a year or more, she doesnt even have Bahamut summon, how sad >_> atleast i give up right before the boss battle that ends the game =P
-
July 2nd, 2004, 06:00 AM
#66
Senior Hostboard Member
Why Cav? Te final battle is the coolez0r!!! [img]cool.gif[/img]
-
July 2nd, 2004, 06:36 AM
#67
Inactive Member
Once I finish FF9 (On disc 4), and ChronoCross (Getting dragon items) I'll be starting FF8, lotsa people been recommending it.
-
July 2nd, 2004, 07:23 AM
#68
Senior Hostboard Member
Yep, an' I'm too. It's lotza c00lerz than FF7... [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
-
July 3rd, 2004, 02:43 AM
#69
Inactive Member
the spell system sucks butts
summons r0x0r hardcore
story... meh
graphics pretty good for its time
-
July 3rd, 2004, 02:57 AM
#70
Senior Hostboard Member
I agree Cav,
FF8 ultra-small mini review:
Story: Great, but not as good as FFVII's due to pacing issues towards the end.
Music: My favourite FF soundtrack, and for so many more reasons than "Liberi Fatali".
Graphics: Incredible for its time, but its been out-done by FFIX, which also has faster loading times.
Gameplay: Magic system is unbalanced, and the junction system is overcomplicated and not worth the hassle of using. As Cav said, the summons are incredible, and well integrated, making up for its aforementioned short-comings.
Overall: Go treat yourself to a copy (good FF games are a rarity thesedays... [img]frown.gif[/img] ).
<font color="#101010" size="1">[ July 02, 2004 11:58 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks